View Events/Assignments for
This course is designed to meet the criteria set forth in Kentucky’s Core Content and College Readiness standards. Students will:
- learn to enjoy and appreciate elements of literature.
- demonstrate an understanding of grammar, mechanics, and usage.
- use new vocabulary words in context.
- analyze critical interpretations of literary works.
- write a well-developed essay, using a strong thesis as the basis.
- research a given topic by using technology and other sources and correctly
- documenting all sources by adhering to the MLA format.
- to develop skills of literary discussion—in terms of speaking, listening, and writing.
- write various portfolio-related pieces which will be compiled in the students’ ninth grade working portfolio.
- demonstrate various reading strategies while being introduced to new literary works.
- be adequately prepared for their choice of sophomore English class and for real-world application.